Vehicle Technology Service/Installation Technician
Blue Collar Recruiter
WE KNOW HOW TO TAKE CARE OF AND VALUE OUR TEAM MEMBERS!
Up to $38/HR
We are seeking a highly motivated, organized and technically inclined team member to join our Vehicle Technology Installation Group. This individual will need the ability to install and service on-board camera systems and GPS units as a third-party installer. These projects will also require managing, organizing, planning, and tracking each job while in field. The ideal candidate understands the importance of maintaining customer satisfaction, proactive communication, documentation, efficiency data and quality metrics while providing elite customer service.
This position is responsible for installation, monitoring and servicing on-board camera systems, GPS units, and other technological components for commercial vehicles in the Waste/Recycle Industry. This is a 90% traveling position within the U.S. and parts of Canada to customer sites for installation and service calls. Options for part-time and full-time employment positions are available with compensation tiers based on years of experience. All travel expenses including lodging are covered 100%. Reimbursement via a daily food stipend is provided.
- Installation of technological components according to company and industry standards
- Track installations and service jobs through dispatching and reporting tools provided by the company
- Maintain a daily log per the company policy to report start and finish times, provide job and truck details, hours worked per vehicle, and specific scope of work details
- Proactively planning and communicating with Project Manager and clients to meet high customer satisfaction expectations
- Manage and maintain inventory needs and proactively prepare for each job
- Report any issues or problems during the installation process to headquarters
- Comply with work safety rules and regulations
Required to Apply:
- Required minimum 2 years of electrical/wiring experience or certificate and/or minimum 2 years of mechanical/repair experience or certificate
- Experience working on waste trucks preferred and/or installed electronics equipment in commercial vehicles
- Must be willing/able to travel 90% of the time within the U.S. and Canada.
- Basic/moderate understanding of commercial vehicles components
- Required experience as a mechanic or sound-system/camera installer
- Required Wiring electrical knowledge
- Ability to work in tight spaces, under vehicles, long hours and outside in the elements
- Ability to run wires, install computer screens and other technology components related to on-board camera systems
- Exceptional customer service awareness and ability to speak and communicate with customers effectively
- Strong troubleshooting skills and attention to detail
- Ability to travel 90% of your work schedule within North America
- Safely operate and maintain company truck used for transportation to and from job sites
- Ability to work under commercial trucks with or without bay access
CONNECT WITH US TODAY TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY!