Your Career Path as a Solar PV installer
- Train remotely
- Graduate in 3 months or less
- Continuous support from The Blue Collar Team every step of the way.
- Graduate and get hired
- $12-$20 per/hr
- Apprenticeship time periods vary by state.
- Journeyman License
- Up to $40 per/hour and/or performance pay.
- Master or contract license
- $65+ per/hr and/or performance pay.
- General Manager
- Service Manger
- Field Supervisor
- $50+ per/hr or salary plus bonus
- Start your own company
- Pay: unlimited
train for a career in the Solar PV trade
According to The Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average solar photovoltaic installers entering the trade can make $44,890 annually and those experienced tradespeople can make well over $100,000. With the employment of solar installers poised to grow by 51 percent into 2029, opening your own business offers earning potential limited only by your ambition.
The industry, by numbers
Graduate in as little as 3 months
Entry-level solar photovoltaic installers can make $45k a year
Experienced tradespeople can make over $100,000 annually
Projected industry growth through 2029
Study at The Blue Collar Virtual Trade School
The Blue Collar Virtual Trade School provides the instruction and education to prepare our students for entry-level work in the solar installation trade and then matches them with the business owners who want to hire them. We train people and produce professionals.
Our online trade school gets you job-ready in months, not years—all falling within a low-cost tuition with flexible payment options available.
You can expect
- Learn a trade – with the 3D/VR tools trades professionals use.
- Get Hired- We have hundred’s of jobs that need to be filled right away.
- Begin a new and rewarding career as a solar installation technician.
Our advanced solar technician course curriculum
You can expect
- 3D simulation training software shows you step-by-step all that you need to know to become an immediate success in the field.
- 3+ Solar Maintenance & Diagnostic Courses
- 3+ Solar Installer Level I Courses
- 4+ Solar Sales Professional Level I Courses
- 3+ Business Skills for the Trades Courses
- Coursework focuses on industry fundamentals, tools, and safety.
- Resume and interview readiness online training
- Guaranteed job interviews.