Blue Collar Recruiter
HVAC Installer – No Experience Necessary!
**$18 an hour! – 40 hours a week! – Weekly pay!
Insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays!
The Installer is responsible for installing and replacing commercial heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems including ductwork, refrigeration, condensation, flue gas venting, control wiring, and equipment. The Installer installs new equipment, upgrades existing equipment, and adds additional equipment in a safe and timely manner while meeting all company standards.
*No previous experience is needed. On-the-job training is provided*
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install/replace heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems in residential or commercial establishments
- Install and/or replace HVAC system components, equipment, ductwork, refrigeration, condensation, flue gas venting, and control wiring following company policies/procedures and manufacturer’s specifications
- Read and interpret product specifications/plans and prepare for on-site installations/replacements while anticipating potential challenges
- Install or rework ductwork, air conditioners, heat pumps, gas, electric furnaces, and thermostats as well as brazing refrigerant lines and connecting electrical, gas lines, drain lines, and flue pipes through walls and roofs
- Gather, load/unload, transport, and organize materials and necessary equipment and transport to worksite; pickup materials from supply houses as needed
- Organize tools/materials during setup to improve efficiency
- Remove and properly dispose of old equipment and refrigerant per EPA guidelines for proper disposal; recycle salvaged equipment when necessary
- Carry out start-up on air conditioning units and readings on machines to ensure proper functioning
- Press, test, evacuate, charge, and set gas pressures of the equipment
- Test pipe or tubing joints or connections for leaks and test electrical circuits or components for continuity; repair or replace defective equipment, components, or wiring
- Document and submit daily work activity for each job including duration and progress of work through accurate, neat, thorough, and timely completion of required paperwork
- Record parts, materials, labor, and other cost data per project including model and serial numbers of the equipment
- Ensure that the assigned Company vehicle is well-maintained and clean
- Design and fabricate flex and sheet metal duct systems and duct fittings as required
- Operate motor vehicles and equipment including forklifts, scissor lifts, and boom lifts
- Ensure compliance with appliance standards, OSHA regulations, and EPA refrigerant recovery, handling, and storage regulations
- Provide consistent delivery of excellent customer service ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction
- Comply with company policies and procedures
Based on the essential duties listed above, this position is considered safety-sensitive and therefore all work must be performed in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures.
Education and Related Experience
- Highschool diploma or equivalent GED is preferred
- EPA Certification is preferred
- 10-hour OSHA certification is preferred