Blue Collar Recruiter
Job Description: Sr Recruiter
Reports to: Managing Partner
Job Type: Full-time
The recruiter’s role will be to identify hiring needs and fill job openings for our clients. They will also help find candidates for our Virtual Trade School. The responsibilities of a Senior Recruiter include communicating with our clients every week minimum, identifying and planning for future hiring needs, designing job descriptions, sourcing candidates through databases and social media, conducting interviews, filing paperwork, and keeping abreast of employment law and legislation. You should also monitor new candidates and act as their advocate. A successful Senior Recruiter has excellent interpersonal skills, is organized and detail-oriented, and can assess candidates’ skills, experience, and relevant knowledge and compare them to job requirements.
- Confer with the senior Manager and other hiring managers to discuss staffing needs and recruitment strategy; edit the job description if/as needed; and post the position.
- Conduct weekly (or bi-weekly) “Zoom” calls with clients you are responsible for.
- Leverage Online recruiting resources, employee referrals, and networking to identify and recruit the absolute best candidates for The Blue-Collar Recruiter, LLC. Grow and preserve a network of contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates.
- Manage, as needed, scheduling and logistics of all interviews between candidates and hiring managers.
- Pre-screen daily online applications and resumes to determine a credential match, including skills, experience, and knowledge related to position requirements. As appropriate, conduct initial telephone screening to vet candidates for further matches. Recommend top candidates to the hiring manager.
- Provide complete, accurate, and inspiring information to candidates about The Blue-Collar Recruiter, LLC. and the position
- Facilitate the initial onboarding process for each new hire.
- Thoroughly document daily all interactions and information on each candidate using current business tools, including search status, hiring manager interactions, and other recruiting activities.
- Provide weekly update report to Lead Recruiter on all recruiting activities, able to provide snapshot updates on specific positions when requested.
- Retain an effective pipeline of key talent potentially available for immediate hire to meet recruitment and turnover trends.
- Keeping up to date with employment legislation and regulations that pertain to the company.
- Sourcing and attracting candidates by using databases, social media, etc.
- Work with the marketing manager to obtain lists for markets.
- Conducting interviews and filtering candidates for open positions
- Ask for referrals from current candidates and external networks.
- Follow up with candidates to remind them of in-person or phone interviews.
- Follow up with candidates to confirm that they have started.
- Update candidate resumes to TBCR format before sending them to clients.
- Update tracking reports.
- Collaborate with Clients and schedule bi-weekly meetings to update them on progress.
- Maintain candidate databases (Crelate)
- You must maintain a minimum of 5 new hires per month.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of all full-life cycle recruiting components, including sourcing, qualifying, networking, assessing, legal, job analysis, wage, and salary trends.
- Excellent writing and editorial skills
- Ability to think analytically and anticipate industry/market conditions.
- Strong knowledge and skills using the Internet, mining online databases, and job posting applications.
- Exceptional verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good decision-making skills
- A working knowledge of employment law and legislation
- The ability to design and implement recruiting strategies.
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources or a business-related field is desired.
- A minimum of three years of demonstrated recruiting experience with a broad/deep range of positions.
- Previous small business recruitment experience a plus
- Some travel may be required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
Base Pay, Plus Commissions and Bonus Opportunities (No Income Cap)
- Responsible for a minimum of 5 new hire placements per month.
- Base Pay:
- Monthly Bonus:
Recruiter Benefits include:
- Unlimited pay opportunity
- Weekends and holidays off
- Flexible, Full-time hours
- On-going training
- Work from home.
- 2 weeks paid after 1 year anniversary.
The Blue Collar Recruiter of Marietta