Blue Collar Recruiter
Lead Butcher – Helena, MT – UP TO $25/HR! – with the opportunity for raises
We started in Helena, MT in the fall of 1994 processing game only. In 1999 we put on a substantial addition and quickly outgrew it. 2006 brought on a box truck, converted it into a Mobile Slaughter truck, and started processing domestic meat during the ‘off season’. 2011 found us purchasing a convenience store that had been closed and remodeled into a meat market. In 2014 we bought another piece of property and built a Slaughter Facility. Our Meat Market opened in February 2015. We are finalizing Federal Inspection, which will allow us to provide ’Private Labeling’ for several clients who have requested it.
What we offer:
- Competitive hourly wages
- 3% retirement account contributions (even without employee match)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance assistance
- Career growth opportunities, promote from within culture
- Moving assistance available
- Able to hit the ground running other than learning internal processes
- Thorough knowledge of Kill Floor and Cutting Room operations
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) knowledge is preferred
- Experience operating under Federal Inspection is also preferred
- Neither HACCP nor Federal Inspection experience is required but is very desirable.
- Knowledge of making smoked products such as hams, bacon, and jerky is a definite plus
- Lead the crew while keeping a harmonious atmosphere
- Take instructions and manage the workload accordingly
- Take an animal from Gate to Plate
- Slaughter, skin, eviscerate and cool an animal
- Break down to primal then to retail and custom cuts
- Provide a high level of professionalism, communication, and integrity to our customers
- Be available to work 6 am-2 pm on weekdays and some weekends as needed
- Extended hours during Fair and Hunting seasons
Connect with us today and learn more about this opportunity in Helena, MT!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, reasonable accommodations are offered to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss potential accommodation with the employer.