Blue Collar Recruiter
Butcher – Helena, MT – $18/HR starting with the opportunity for advancement and raises!
We started in 1994 processing game only. In 1999 we put on a substantial addition and grew quickly. 2006 brought on a box truck, which we converted into a Mobile Slaughter truck, and started processing domestic meat during the ‘off season’. We purchases a convenience store in 2011 that had been closed and remodeled into a meat market. Then, in 2014 we built a Slaughter Facility. Our Meat Market opened in February 2015. We are close to finalizing Federal Inspection, which will allow us to Private Label for our many clients who have requested it.
What we offer:
- Competitive hourly wages
- 3% retirement account contributions (100% employer provided)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance assistance
- Moving assistance available
- Career growth opportunities with a promote from within culture
- Hit the ground running other than learning our processes
- In-depth knowledge of Kill Floor and Cutting Room operations
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) knowledge preferred
- Federal Inspection knowledge preferred
- Neither HACCP nor Federal Inspection experience is required but is very desirable.
- Knowledge of processing smoked products such as hams, bacon, and jerky is also a plus
- Work with the crew while harmoniously
- Take instructions from the lead butcher and manage the workload accordingly
- Take an animal from Gate to Plate
- Slaughter, skin, eviscerate and cool an animal
- Break animal down to primal, then to retail and custom cuts
- Provide a high level of professionalism, communication, and integrity to our customers
- Be available to work 6 am-2 pm on weekdays and some weekends as needed
- Extended hours during Fair and Hunting seasons
Connect with us today and learn more about this opportunity!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, reasonable accommodations are offered to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss potential accommodation with the employer.