Blue Collar Recruiter
WE KNOW HOW TO TAKE CARE OF AND VALUE OUR TEAM MEMBERS!
We are a fantastic business looking to add a CNC Operator to our stellar team.
What we offer:
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401K Retirement Plan
- 401K% Match
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Week of Christmas and NYE off
Just as we take excellent care of our customers, we strive also to create a healthy work/life balance with deep respect for the quality-of-life for all our technicians. Our work environment is a space that promotes growth, productivity, and employee well-being.
We are committed to taking excellent care of our team by offering great benefits and a healthy life/work balance.
We look forward to helping you reach your career goals as a valued part of our service family!
CNC Operator produces machined parts by setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Plansmachining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T)
- Work from Engineering prints, solid models, specifications, schematics, travelers, and verbal instruction
- Set-up mills including zero reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs
- Verify receipt of stock and size
- Verify settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to applicable quality, engineering and GD&T standards
- Use all cranes, hoists, lifting and safety equipment according to safety requirements and industry best practices
- Review, understand, and complete all required documentation that accompanies work assignments (including travelers/data packages)
- Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Possess a dedicated work ethic to expedite all assigned tasks through the department within the guidelines of the Quality Policy and Quality Procedures
- Maintain a clean, organized work environment through weekly and daily 5-S activities
- Perform assigned jobs efficiently, with minimal errors and high-quality workmanship
- Communicate defects, issues, and concerns with supervisor; seek guidance/instruction as needed
- Work individually or as a team; cross-train as necessary
- 3+ years’ setting up and operating multi axis CNC machines
- 3+ years’ experience in an aerospace metal contract manufacturing environment (preferably for US Government Prime contractors)
- HAAS Experience a must
- Familiar with HAAS controls, probing and OTS (Optical tool Setter)
- Experience in machining of complex, close tolerance aerospace components is a plus
- Ability to read/interpret complex blueprints, layouts, drawings, and instructions
- Experience working in an AS9100 regulated environment
- Knowledge of Geometric Tolerances, (ANSI-Y 14.5) drawing interpretation and shop math
- Must have, or acquire and maintain all required tools, measuring tools to support departmental work assignments
- Camworks software programming experience a plus
- Basic Microsoft office applications
- High School or equivalent. Basic math and geometry skills required. Vocational training is a plus
CONNECT WITH US TODAY TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY!