Building Energy Inspector
Blue Collar Recruiter
This is a great opportunity to become a Building Energy Inspector with a 25-year-old energy efficiency consulting organization where team members make substantial contributions to the sustainability of the communities that they work in all over the United States.
This company is a leader in Home Energy Ratings, a winner of multiple Energy Star Awards, and a standout in the construction industry. This firm has provided Home Energy Ratings for over 170,000 homes. This firm ALSO promotes a company culture that understands the importance of a “team first” mentality.
This firm offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects their commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
What they offer:
- Monday to Friday – NO WEEKENDS
- Disability, Life and Accident insurance
- Pet insurance
- 401K (matching)
- PTO (20 Days)
- Birthday PTO
- Gas Card
- Cell Phone
- Toll Pass
- Monthly Vehicle Allowance (Non-Taxed and in addition to salary)
- Paid On The Job Training
- Perform Home Energy Audits in accordance with New Construction RESNET/Energy Star Guidelines
- Audits are conducted via, but not limited to visual observation of energy efficient features such as the quality of the installation of duct work, insulation, framing, air sealing, ventilation, etc.
- Perform Blower Door and Duct Leakage Testing utilizing start of art equipment and cutting-edge technology to test building’s performance to meet industry’s standards.
- Actively develop relationships with builders and code officials through effective and professional communication
Candidates must have the following background to be considered:
- A High School Diploma, GED or Vocational Certificate in the Skilled Trades Industry is required.
- HERS Rater, Energy Star, Green Building, ACCA 310 HVAC Grading, IECC, HVAC EPA, BPI, and LEED Certifications are a plus, but not required.
- Also, not a requirement, but 2 years of work experience in HVAC, home remodeling, or construction is helpful.
- Must be physically able to fulfill job functions, including lifting up to 50 lbs., carrying equipment, climbing ladders, work in confined spaces, and using small tools and testing equipment.
- Must enjoy working in the great outdoors.
- Must be dependable, self-directed, and able to complete projects with limited supervision
CONNECT WITH US TODAY TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY!