Blue Sky Journeyman Electrician
Blue Collar Recruiter
WE KNOW HOW TO TAKE CARE OF AND VALUE OUR TEAM MEMBERS!
We are looking to add Blue Sky Journeyman Electricians to our stellar team.
Offering Top Pay!
What we offer:
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401K Retirement Plan
- 401K% Match
- Long and Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Accident Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Flexible Spending and Dependent Care
- Employee Advocacy Services
- Employee Legal Services
- Paid Vacation
- 6 Floating Holidays
- 8 Observed Holidays
- 10 Days Sick Time
- Paid Training
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth & Advancement Opportunities
- On-going Training & Development
- Company Holiday Event
- Spring/Summer Company Family Event
- Annual Health Fair & Biometric Screenings
- Spot Award & President’s Award Recognition Programs
Community Volunteer Work Helping Hands Grant
The position performs journeyman-level industrial electrician work installing, calibrating, altering, maintaining, and repairing the Blue Sky Wastewater Reclamation facilities electrical systems, equipment, and fixtures in accordance with standard practices of the electrical trade. The equipment serviced but not limited to: motors, MCCs, VFDs, PLCs, soft starts, digital/analog instrumentation, radio transmitters/receivers, and field instrumentation. This position is subject to call back, overtime, weekend, and holiday emergency call-outs and on-call duty.
This facility requires 24-hour operation so multiple shifts and on-call may be required.
- Install, alter, maintain, and repair electrical wiring systems and equipment, both high and low voltage, air distribution systems, pumps, transformers, and motors and other equipment with in the facility
- Install and maintain motors of several hundred horsepower, coils, transformers, and control equipment of up to 4160 volts
- Maintain and repair equipment used in 24-hour operations
- Maintain and repair all plant electrical process equipment including pumps, blowers, scrubbers, motors, chemical feed and sludge equipment
- Document information on preventive maintenance file on electrical equipment and machinery and monitor a preventive maintenance program
- Design functional electric circuitry for electrical systems
- Order, install and test new equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair complex electrical equipment failures
- Read schematics, wiring diagrams, and shop drawings for the purpose of installation, troubleshooting and repairing of major systems and minor subsystems and components
- Utilize a wide range of test equipment, computers, PC based software analyzer programs, data analyzers, analog and digital multi-meters, Field communicating devices, Loop calibrators, fiber testers and other test equipment, while performing tests to identify problems and calibrate equipment to performance standards
- Install, program, inspect, troubleshoot, and adjust electrical instrumentation, and related systems
- Perform tests and maintenance on electrical equipment; interpret readings and outputs of equipment; ensure proper functioning of equipment
- Perform record-keeping functions such as warehouse inventory and control
- Knowledge of and understanding of safety procedures and requirements according to OSHA standards and applicable electrical code
- Knowledge of 120v circuits and below to perform inspections in compliance with the national electrical code
- Review operations manuals and other established guidelines; ensures electrical equipment and information systems are operated in accordance with established guidelines
- Maintain the safe and efficient use of materials, tools, work trucks and test equipment and keep a clean safe work environment for personnel
- Comply with plant policies and procedures
- Pull and terminate cable for electrical installs
- Perform inspections in compliance with the national electrical code
- Perform basic mechanical repairs as required
- Maintain shop and storage areas in a neat and orderly fashion
- May be required to perform other instrumentation and control utility functions not listed in the description
- Knowledge of document management systems such as Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- Must be able to work overtime and be subject to on-call as required
- Regular and timely attendance are required for this position
- Interact professionally and respectfully with the public, coworkers and others in the course of daily work
Just as we take excellent care of our customers, we strive also to create a healthy work/life balance with deep respect for the quality-of-life for all our technicians. Our work environment is a space that promotes growth, productivity, and employee well-being.
We are committed to taking excellent care of our team by offering great benefits and a healthy life/work balance.
We look forward to helping you reach your career goals as a valued part of our service family!
- Standard process control and operation practices associated with a utility and or industrial industry
- Knowledge in the use of personal computers and numerous software applications such as Excel, Word, MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, etc.
- Knowledge of condition based maintenance related to Electrical
- Work cooperatively with other employees to foster teamwork
- Communicate with co-workers verbally and in writing
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Comprehend and interpret drawings, specifications, and blueprints
- Learn job-related material through oral instruction and observation or through structured lecture and reading
Education and Experience:
- 4-5 years of experience as a journeyman-level electrician in an industrial setting, 2 years of which includes equivalent experience as a utilities electrician in a water or wastewater environment
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a state-recognized Electrician Apprenticeship
- Preference to Electrical Associates degree and/or Military job training in a Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) field that required an extensive electrical application
- Experience with computer programs including Word, Excel, and Outlook;
CONNECT WITH US TODAY TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY!